We aim to provide high quality teaching that takes into account the individual needs of every child. Through our commitment to the recruitment of high quality staff, on-going professional development, rigorous monitoring and willingness to embrace new ideas, we aim to ensure that all pupils receive an education that meets their very individual needs.
We also aim to provide a curriculum that is broad, balanced and stimulating, giving scope for the children to investigate and problem solve, enabling them to participate actively in their own learning and develop skills that will assist them throughout the rest of their lives.
We have worked as a staff to review our curriculum and make changes to it in order to meet the needs of our children. We have introduced a question based approach to the teaching of most of the foundation subjects in order to pique the children's interest and to encourage them to become more actively involved in their own learning. The overview documents below outline the areas of learning in the Foundation Subjects across the school.
- Whole School Art and Design Overview.pdf
- Whole School Computing Overview.pdf
- Whole School Design Technology Overview.pdf
- Whole School Geography Overview.pdf
- Whole School History Overview.pdf
- Whole School MFL Overview 2.pdf
- Whole School Music Overview.pdf
- Whole School PE Overview.pdf
- Whole School PHSCE.pdf
- Whole School RE Overview.pdf
- Whole School Science Overview.pdf
- Ensuring equality of access for all children to enable them to meet the requirements of the curriculum in a way that meets their specific needs.
- Preparing children for life in a diverse society.
- Using materials that reflect the diversity of the school, population and local community, without stereotyping.
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge discriminatory behaviour or prejudice.
- Providing opportunities for children to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures.
- Seeking to involve parents in supporting their child's education.
- Utilising teaching approaches appropriate for the whole school population which are inclusive and reflective of our children and families.